Do your kids need an eye exam? Visionworks is prepared to give away thousands of eye exams and glasses through their Let’s Go See initiative on #GivingTuesday, November 29th.
Let’s Go See is a national movement to raise awareness of the importance of annual eye exams for children as part of their yearly health routine. Visionworks and Davis Vision are giving away 10,000 comprehensive eye exams and complete pairs of glasses to children in need.
The goal is single-focused: for children to get annual eye exams. Every child. Every year. So, if a child between the ages of 5 and 18 can’t afford an eye exam and glasses, doesn’t have vision insurance or Medicaid, and isn’t signed up for ACA, they can be nominated for a free voucher through the Let’s Go See website. This #GivingTuesday, Visionworks is encouraging people across the country to nominate a child, school or organization who could benefit from a free eye exam and glasses at Let’s Go See online.
What are the signs that my child might have trouble seeing?
- Headaches and dizziness
- Holding books close to their face or too far away
- Sitting close to the TV, computer or tablet
- Twisting or tilting their head to favor one eye
- Frequent blinking or rubbing their eyes
- Inability to judge distance properly (bumping into things)
- Decreased performance in school and athletics