Roll up your sleeves and dust off your mitt, because it’s time to dive into the world of Pennsylvania baseball! With its rich history and love for the game, the Keystone State offers an incredible lineup of stadiums for fans to catch all the action. From the thrill of Major League Baseball to the down-to-earth charm of minor league and independent games, there’s something for every fan and family to enjoy. So grab your peanuts and Cracker Jack, and join us as we explore the fantastic world of Pennsylvania baseball – you won’t want to miss a single pitch!
Pennsylvania Baseball Stadiums
Citizens Bank Park
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
There’s a contagious buzz in the air when you take your little ones to see the Phillies play baseball at Citizens Bank Park. Kids can’t help but get swept up in the excitement, surrounded by passionate fans, the crack of the bat, and the energy of the game. But it’s more than just the action on the field that captivates young fans – it’s also the Phanatic, the zany green mascot who keeps everyone laughing with his antics. Add to that the Phanatic Phun Zone, where kids can burn off energy and have a blast, and themed events that bring a unique twist to every game, and you’ve got the perfect recipe for creating unforgettable memories for your kids. It’s no wonder children of all ages adore going to see the Phillies play – and who knows, you might just ignite a lifelong love for baseball in the process!
- Visit the Phanatic Phun Zone, a kids’ play area located near the Right Field Gate.
- Check out the Liberty Bell replica that lights up and rings after every Phillies home run.
- Plan your visit on a day with a promotional giveaway or themed event for added fun.
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
PNC Park, home to the Pittsburgh Pirates, is often considered one of the most picturesque ballparks to enjoy Pennsylvania baseball. With its incredible skyline views and excellent food options, it’s a must-visit for any baseball enthusiast.
At Pittsburgh Pirates games in PNC Park, fans can indulge in a diverse and mouthwatering selection of food options. One fan-favorite is the Primanti Bros. Sandwich, a true Pittsburgh classic that comes loaded with meat, cheese, coleslaw, and French fries, all piled high between slices of Italian bread. Another popular choice is the “Pittsburgh Cone,” which creatively combines kielbasa, pierogi, sauerkraut, and onions, all served in a waffle cone.
For those who enjoy traditional ballpark fare, the Pittsburgh-style hot dogs with grilled onions and sauerkraut are a must-try. Don’t forget to leave some room for the delectable dessert nachos, featuring cinnamon sugar-dusted tortilla chips topped with ice cream, chocolate sauce, and whipped cream.
- Arrive early and explore the Riverwalk, which offers great views of the Allegheny River.
- Visit the family-friendly Pirate Cove, featuring a playground and climbing wall for kids.
- Look for special family ticket packages and promotions throughout the season.
Location: Reading, Pennsylvania
FirstEnergy Stadium is home to the Reading Fightin Phils, a Double-A affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies. This historic stadium offers an intimate and affordable baseball experience, perfect for families looking to enjoy a game without breaking the bank.
A trip to see the Reading Fightin Phils is more than just a baseball game – it’s a family adventure packed with excitement and fun! At FirstEnergy Stadium, young fans are greeted by an electric atmosphere that keeps them engaged and entertained from the first pitch to the final out. From the entertaining mascots, Screwball and Bucky, who put smiles on everyone’s faces, to the action-packed between-inning games and activities, there’s never a dull moment.
The affordable concessions and merchandise make it easy for families to enjoy the full experience without breaking the bank. So pack your enthusiasm and rally your family for an unforgettable day at the ballpark, where your kids will create cherished memories and maybe even develop a passion for the game of baseball with the Reading Fightin Phils.
- Take advantage of the affordable concessions and merchandise.
- Participate in between-inning games and activities for kids.
- Don’t miss the unique mascots, Screwball and Bucky, who entertain the crowd throughout the game.
Peoples Natural Gas Field
Location: Altoona, Pennsylvania
Peoples Natural Gas Field is the home of the Altoona Curve, a Double-A affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates. This stadium is known for its beautiful setting and entertaining atmosphere, making it a great destination for a family outing.
- Arrive early and take a ride on the Curve Express, a train that circles the stadium.
- Check out the kids’ play area, which features a mini replica of the field.
- Watch for special promotions and theme nights to enhance your experience.
Clipper Magazine Stadium
Location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Clipper Magazine Stadium is the home of the Lancaster Barnstormers, a team in the independent Atlantic League. This family-friendly ballpark offers a unique experience, including a carousel and a kids’ play area.
- Take a spin on the stadium’s carousel, located in the Kids’ Park.
- Enjoy the numerous between-inning games and contests.
- Look for special ticket packages and promotions to save on your visit.
These are just a few of the many stadiums where you can enjoy a professional or semi-professional baseball game in Pennsylvania. Each ballpark offers its own unique atmosphere, features, and family-friendly amenities, ensuring a memorable experience for everyone in your group. So grab your glove, some sunscreen, and your family, and head out to the ballpark for a day of America’s favorite pastime!
Location: Allentown, Pennsylvania
Coca-Cola Park is home to the Lehigh Valley IronPigs, the Triple-A affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies. This state-of-the-art stadium is known for its exceptional fan experience and numerous family-friendly amenities.
- Visit the “Pig Pen” area, which offers a unique seating experience right on the field, next to the bullpen.
- Check out the kids’ play area, featuring a playground, inflatables, and a mini wiffleball field.
- Keep an eye out for the team’s mascots, Ferrous and FeFe, who entertain the crowd with their antics.
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Railriders at PNC Field
Location: Moosic, Pennsylvania
Catching a Railriders game at PNC Field is a delightful experience that combines the thrill of baseball with a plethora of fun activities and attractions that cater to fans of all ages. The intimate setting of the stadium allows fans to be up close and personal with the action on the field, ensuring that there’s no such thing as a bad seat.
One of the main highlights is the Geisinger Kids Zone, which features a playground, bounce houses, and interactive games, keeping the little ones entertained throughout the game. Families can also sign up their children for Champ’s Kids Club, a program that offers exclusive perks like special event invitations, giveaways, and unique opportunities to interact with the Railriders’ beloved mascot, Champ.
The Railriders’ games also boast an array of theme nights and promotional events that elevate the excitement, such as fireworks displays, one-of-a-kind giveaways, and mascot appearances. They even have a reading incentive program for kids to earn a free ticket to a game!
Additionally, the wide variety of food and drink options cater to different tastes, ensuring each visit to PNC Field is a memorable one.
With so much to offer, Railriders games provide the perfect destination for families and baseball enthusiasts to enjoy a day full of fun and excitement.
- Explore the Family Fun Zone, which includes a playground, bounce houses, and interactive games.
- Attend one of the RailRiders’ theme nights or promotional events for added excitement.
- Look for special family ticket packages and discounts to make your visit even more affordable.
Pennsylvania truly has something for everyone when it comes to enjoying America’s favorite pastime. From big-league action to the cozy atmosphere of minor league and independent games, there’s a baseball experience for every fan and family. So, gather up the gang, put on your favorite team’s gear, and head out to one of these fantastic ballparks. You’re in for an unforgettable day of fun, food, and baseball!